Saltine Toffee (Done My Way)....EASY!!

So I decided to post about these awesome Saltine Toffee's, they're so good and very, very easy to make.
You can easily change the Saltine crackers and use Graham crackers, use mint chips instead of chocolate chips. But I have found this recipe below..to be the best.
These are best when kept in the refrigerator.

Saltine Toffee

• 4 ounces saltine crackers (1 sleeve)
• 1 cup butter
• 1 cup + 1 tsp. dark brown sugar
• 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
• 3/4 cup chopped pecans
DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Line cookie sheet with saltine crackers in single layer.
3. In a saucepan combine the sugar and the butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. (Once this starts boiling, stop stirring). .Immediately pour over saltines and spread to cover crackers completely.
4. Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Let sit for 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate and top with chopped nuts. Cool completely and break into pieces.

P.S. Line the pan with foil, and then spray with Pam (lightly). This will make it so it will not stick to the pan.

Let me know what you think, what combination you tried and how it tasted.







7 comments:

JAY said...

Looks real good and Yummy...I'm glad they r not here because I would eat until I got sick...We haven't had that many sweet since u were here .And cooking them.LOL.But everything looks good far away...No calories that way

Rosie said...

This looks really interesting.......

I think I will try it with the kids and see what they think. I like how you posted pictures too:)

Dahle Family said...

it is way too good. thanks for sharing

Lois said...

You always find the BEST recipes! I'm going to give these a try, I'll let you know how they turn out!

Rosie said...

I'm dying to know who won the Japanese candy give away!:)

Anonymous said...

This recipe looks delish! I'm putting it on my list to try :) Thanks for adding me to your blog roll!

Lisa j said...

I think I am going to try this....I love your recipes....I am making that yummy bread again tonight!